Information to Include in Steel Pipe Quote Requests
If you are starting a new project, providing the right information in a steel pipe quote request is important as it’s the best way to ensure a timely and accurate responses from pipe suppliers. Here is a list of information to include in steel pipe quote requests:
1. Pipe dimensions – The outside diameter of the pipe, wall thickness, and total footage you require is the most important information! This will allow a company or sales rep to check right away if they have this material in stock or if it is something they can source for you.
2. Length requirements – Do you need all the pipe to be the exact same length, or will a range of lengths suffice? This information will help the pipe supplier or sales rep know if any fabrication must be done to the material to meet your order.
3. Pipe Grade – Some distributors may sell one grade more than others but can source a different grade if required. Letting the sales rep know which grade you need can help them determine if they can fill your order through their inventory or if they need to go to an outside source.
4. Location – Where do you need this material to be shipped? This information helps the sales rep determine freight costs and from which of their locations to source the material.
5. Timeline – Do you need this material quickly, or not for a few months? This could make a big difference in the availability and price of the material.
6. Customizations – Inform the pipe supplier of any other pipe specifications such as whether you need the pipe coated or bare, spiral weld or straight seam, or require a beveled or square end. Providing this information ensures that you receive exactly what you need.
Listing all of this information in your request will help a steel pipe supplier put together a timely and competitive quote for your project. If you have a project that requires quoting, Titan Tube + Metal can help! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-866-496-8344.
For More Information
In this post we will review the description, features and uses of various types of steel pipe coatings. We will end the post by reviewing the features, applications and popularity of bare pipe (pipe without coating). HPPC- High Performance Powder Coating This coating...
There are many applications of steel pipe. Chances are you’ve come across steel pipe in your everyday life but just haven’t noticed it. Steel pipe is used in many different applications including piling, road boring, caisson, landrolling, and structures. In this post...
Have you ever looked to purchase steel pipe but you didn’t know which grade was best for your project? Below we discuss the differences between A252, A500, A53, and A589 grades of steel pipe and highlight their main uses. A252 The A252 grade specification governs...